Health, Safety and Environment
We are dedicated for continuous improvement in HSE practices through effective communication, motivation, team work and training.
Fatimafert Limited places a high value on becoming a world-class urea manufacturer in terms of safety of its operations. In order to meet this desire, Fatimafert Limited (formerly DH Fertilizers Limited) is currently aligning itself with the DuPont process safety management. The DuPont process safety management systems are designed to bring about a cultural transformation within the company to achieve excellence in process safety.
DuPont’s safety management system consists of globally recognized HSE Best Practices comprised of the following 22 elements:
- Management Commitment
- Policies & Principles
- Integrated Organization Structure
- Line Management
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Goals, Objectives, & Plans
- Safety Personnel
- Procedures & Performance Standards
- Training & Development
- Effective Communication
- Motivation & Awareness
- Audits & Observations
- Incident Investigation
- Management of Change – Personnel
- Contractor Safety Management
- Quality Assurance
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change – Facilities
- Process Safety Information
- Management of Change -Technology
- Risk Assessment and Process Hazards Analysis
- Emergency Preparedness and Contingency Planning
The first fertilizer manufacturing company to obtain ISO-9001:2000 certification in Pakistan.
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Safety Management System Certified by TUV Austria
- ISO 14001:2004 Environment Management System Certified by TUV Austria
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Certified by TUV Austria
All necessary treatment facilities for pollution abatement are installed at Fatimafert Limited’s Urea plant. The facilities are able to safely process liquid effluents, gaseous emissions and solid waste. All parameters are controlled as per specified limits set by National Environment Quality Standards (NEQS).
Fatimafert Limited is the first industrial organization to voluntarily monitor and report the compliance with NEQS to Environment Protection Agency (EPA) through the “SMART Tool”. SMART is an IT based, self-monitoring and reporting tool, which provides information in a format that conforms to standards required by the EPA.
Product stewardship is a prime element when it comes to sustainability. Fatimafert Limited ensures that all those involved in the lifecycle of a product share responsibility for reducing its health and environmental impacts.
Fatimafert Limited envisions a society in which products are responsibly manufactured, used, and disposed off thus conserving resources, protecting the environment as well as ensuring care for human health.
Page Last Updated: Tuesday, May 30, 2017