We export major value-added products (Molasses & Alcohol) to international market.
Production of Molasses remained between 1.6 million tons to 2.8 million tons during last ten years (2000-2013), while the export of molasses remained between 0.803 million tons to 1.848 million tones. Apart from export of substantial quantities of molasses from Pakistan, production of distillery products from molasses comprises the only major value-added product which is also being exported. The consumption of distillery products made from molasses includes usage in Varnishes, Paints, Cosmetics, medicines, Acetic Acid, Ethyl acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acetone, Acetic Anhydride, Acetate yarn, Paper, Paint, Leather, etc.
We have exported the following quantity of molasses in the recent years. Which has earned precious foreign exchange to the national exchequer, further, the company has also contributed significantly towards economy in the shape of direct and indirect taxes and other payments of duties and taxes.
* The reasons of decline in the sale volume during the year 2006, 2007, 2011 & 2012 are as under:
- Late starting of Crushing season.
- Less cultivation of sugar cane crop
- Volatile price in international market
- Due to slump in international market, molasses export was temporarily affected.
- The international market price & demand was very low.
Page Last Updated: Monday, May 02, 2016